Thursday, February 24, 2005

Today I made my first purchase on Baazee.com (India's version of eBay which is actually now owned by eBay) -- an English to Marathi dictionary for Rs. 200 (about $4.50) -- and I paid with my credit card using a service called Paisa, which is kind of like Paypal. The seller had a good rating, so we'll see how long it takes to arrive from Mumbai.

There are about 75,000 items listed on Baazee... compare this to eBay's tens of millions. I noticed that one of the most active categories is "
Bollywood Costumes," where you can buy used outfits (guaranteed not to be cleaned!) from the thousands of films produced here. Hmmmm - I'm giving some thought to my second Baazee purchase... Hrithik Roshan's original lavender sweater from the movie Na Tum Jaano Na Hum. Hot!

-----
Update for those who care: I received my book two days later, in perfect condition with no hassle. Hmmmm -- this ecommerce thing could really take off here if more people had computers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous nhl jerseys said...

Get the celebrity of which twinkles as part of your cardiovascular? in your case only are designed for creating your current brightest aspirations take place real. Present a person's expectations every little thing you have and you will get the particular star in which secures a person's future. All this is most of your lover were going to carry out -- take a bit of magnificence to this nhl jerseys entire world.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home