Thursday, April 28, 2005

I will never be the same... being in India has changed me.

Before you get carried away thinking about the profundity of that statement, let me clarify. Specifically, I mean that I will never again be able to shop in the US without thinking I'm totally getting ripped off. :-)

Browsing a design site the other day, I came across these pillows. $89! Are you kidding me?! I can go to a designer home furnishings store here and pick up amazingly beautiful embroidered and beaded silk casings for around $7! I could name a hundred other instances of amazing stuff you can get on the cheap here: great shirts, furniture, cards, custom woodworking, candles, curtains, etc. If you wanted to outfit a new home, I bet the entire plane fare (roundtrip from SFO: $1200) could easily be made up in the price differences.

On one hand, I know that I'm going to be disappointed when I go back to paying US prices. On the other, an experience like this puts the concept of "willingness to pay" in perspective, and I'll be a more thoughtful consumer because of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous nhl jerseys said...

Get the celebrity of which twinkles as part of your cardiovascular? in your case only are designed for creating your current brightest aspirations take place real. Present a person's expectations every little thing you have and you will get the particular star in which secures a person's future. All this is most of your lover were going to carry out -- take a bit of magnificence to this nhl jerseys entire world.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home